Washington Staycation Locations
We may have had to cancel our tropical and International vacations this year, but that doesn’t mean we have to give up our vacations all-together. It’s time to explore what our beautiful State has to offer and plan a Washington staycation. Here are some great suggestions for you from the Beach & Boulevard team.
A Trip to The Country – Explore The Skagit Valley. Only one hour north of Seattle, Skagit Valley offers farm fresh appeal and beautiful proximity to the Puget Sound shore.
Things to do in Skagit Valley:
- Visit La Conner and enjoy the Salish Sea and cute shops. lovelaconner.com
- Visit Bow, stop at the art galleries and get a treat at Tweets Cafe. tweetscafe.com
- Take a drive through Chuckanut and see the breathtaking views of the San Juan Islands. Chuckanut Drive Scenic Byway
- Stop at Snow Goose Produce to stock up on local veggies and get an enormous ice cream cone. Snow Goose Produce – Welcome to our Farm Fresh Produce Market!
Mountain Getaway: Take a trip though the North Cascades to beautiful Mazama. Remember the journey is part of the fun, so be sure to take it slow and make stops along the way.
Where to stop in the North Cascades and Mazama:
- Lake Diablo https://www.wta.org/go-hiking/hikes/diablo-lake
- Washington Pass Lookout https://www.wta.org/go-hiking/hikes/washington-pass-overlook
- The Mazama Store. The cutest little general store in the world https://www.themazamastore.com.
- Bike rides through the Valley https://www.methowtrails.org/bike-the-methow
- Enjoy the snow at Sun Mountain Lodge. Rent snowshoes or cross country skis to enjoy the miles and miles of amazing trails https://www.sunmountainlodge.com.
Camping Adventures: Get out of town and head to the forest.
Tips to camping in Washington:
- Explore the Mt Rainier area https://www.nps.gov/mora/index.htm
- Check out private campgrounds to help secure the perfect campsite during the busy season https://www.hipcamp.com
- Get all your camping gear at REI with their safe curbside pickup https://www.rei.com
- Rent a camper or trailer to ensure your camping trip is fun for all outdoorsy.com
Lakeside Desert Resorts: Lake Chelan and Chelan Wineries. The greatness of Lake Chelan is no secret and loved by many. If you are new to Seattle now is the time to book that trip.
What to look for in Chelan:
- Enjoy the Lake, it speaks for itself www.lakechelan.com.
- Have Breakfast and grab a pie-to-go at Blueberry hill https://wildaboutberries.com.
- Visit one of the many wineries for outdoor wine-tasting http://lakechelanwinevalley.com/wineries.
This list just scratches the surface of places to go and see. What are your favorites?
Please comment and tell us your favorite Washington Staycation Locations.